ATTENTION CURRENT 7TH GRADE STUDENTS
Accelerated Fine Arts Path Information for 2020-2021
Your child is being presented with a great opportunity for possible acceleration in the fine arts by applying to take Exploration of Art for high school credit during eighth grade. Exploration of Art is a foundational art course; one foundational art course is required before students are eligible to take any other art courses at the high school level. The district’s goal with providing this opportunity is to allow students who are very interested in art to explore the various art mediums the CFHS art department has to offer. Students who qualify to take this course and complete it successfully will be eligible to take more high-level art courses as freshmen.
• Self-Referral Forms available Wednesday, April 29.
• Self-Referral and Parent Consent due Thursday, May 7.
• Students must join Google Classroom by Thursday, May 7.
• Drawing assessment information and student questionnaire available at 8:00 a.m. Friday, May 8 via Google Classroom.
• Assessment and student questionnaire to be completed by 7:00 p.m. Friday, May 8 via Google Classroom.
• Students will be notified of acceptance via their .cftigers email account no later than Friday, May 22.
Please click and review this document for complete information:
Accelerated Fine Art Application